Hi, I am Elsa.
I help people heal through stories.
Here’s What’s Up?
- I am launching loveORfear.co on January 15, 2019
- I am writing a memoir, LOVE OR FEAR: The Journey into the Unknown
- In still doing the Grow Your Audience online course by Paul Jarvis → its a damn good. if you care about your people, then that’s a good step to start building trust.
- I completed The Bootstrappers Workshop by Seth Godin → out of 10 lessons I only finished 4. It was enough to get busy launching loveORfear + the book
Since December 3, 2018, I am back working after being jobless for years (personal choice). Yeah, it’s a real job. A project manager slash QA specialist. A mix of both. I love it.
- Writing more and more, both, the book and LoveLetters
- Books to read (on my shelf already)
- Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business by Paul Jarvis (this hasn’t arrived yet)
- Speak, Memory by Vladimir Nabokov
- The Liars’ Club by Mary Karr
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
I have a thing for books. I create moments to read them. I also listen to audios, a lot.
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou — speechless!
- To Shake the Sleeping Self by Jedidiah Jenkins – its fine. Sadly its become a slow read. Struggling through the pages.
- Everything is Here to Help You by Matt Kahn — I can’t get enough of this! My bible.
Books (and some non-books) I have lately enjoyed / loved:
- Whatever Arises Love That by Matt Kahn — godly
- This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See by Seth Godin — I fell in LOVE with this book. If there’s one book in marketing to read then this is it.
- The Art of a Memoir by Mary Karr
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert — I go back once in a while
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl — a must read
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee — the masterpiece
- Creativity for Sale by Jason Surfrapp (now known as Jason Zook) – want to think out of the box? This helps!
- Recovery: Freedom from Our Addictions by Russel Brand — keyword: vulnerability
My favorite Insta drugs:
- Jedidiah Jenkins — he’s a great storyteller
- Brianna Madia — again, she’s a wonderful storyteller
- Cuchira — she’s a bit scary but oh, her authenticity, honesty, and vulnerability are beyond the beyond
The greatest opportunity and challenge is in launching loveORfear.co. With that, I go where’s fear and lead with courage. Its by far the biggest unknown known to me.
The good stuff :
- Paul Jarvis — he helps people and businesses to do more with less. Maybe take his online course, Grow Your Audience?
- Seth Godin — the best of marketing! Perhaps read one of his 7,000 articles? Or take one of his marketing courses (The Bootstrappers Workshop which I took, altMBA, The Marketing Seminar), or learn on how we can change the culture on Akimbo.
- Kai from Dense Discovery — what can I say? Subscribe if you want to get a weekly newsletter helping web workers be productive, stay inspired, and think critically. I get high when I read it. Time stops (or has passed way too quick).
- Shane Melaugh from ActiveGrowth — he helps you to become an effective entrepreneur by building valuable, long-lasting online businesses on a bootstrap budget.
- Jason and Caroline Zook from Wandering Aimfully— there’s so much about them. I’ll leave it up to you to explore their goodness.
- Rich Tabor — he’s a writer + developer whose work speaks volumes
- Matt Giovanisci from MoneyLab — he’s a serial entrepreneur. He challenges himself to make money building profitable brands by ignoring online marketing bullshit. Check it out here.
- Austin Kleon — he goes deep in the topic of creativity. Don’t believe me? Get one of his books or read his blog.
They all have one thing in common — trust marketing with customer first approach. I enjoy their newsletters and the entire content they’ve created. By reading, then by practicing, I’ve already learned a lot from them.
I appreciate them. Their words. Their work.
Here’s a poem I wrote in January 2018.
What comes comes anyways.
Why ‘what’ comes is what I need.
When ‘why’ comes is divinely timed in me.
I have to become aware of it, to feel it.
I have to feel it, to transform it.
I have to transform it, to be it.
And I will survived it, to live it.
If its not written, its not for the public to know.